Ronel Jooste is a Chartered Accountant by profession. She spent 10,5 years post-articles at the Momentum Metropolitan Group as Head of Financial Reporting, where she gained valuable experience in the banking, investments and insurance industries. She has also completed her Management Development Diploma (MDP) at GIBS Business School where she was awarded the Top-Achiever award. Ronel left the corporate world in 2015 to pursue her entrepreneurial dreams. She started FinanciallyFiT Group striving to help individuals and businesses to understand and manage their finances more effectively through financial consulting and training. She has developed online financial courses and employee financial wellness programme.
Ronel’s first book about personal finances, Financially Fit and Wealthy, was awarded with the AfriCAN Authors 2019 Award in the financial literacy category. She is the contributor of financial and business articles for various publications including Finesse Magazine, Accountancy SA Magazine and Woman Entrepreneur (an International magazine). She hosted her own financial talk show on All-Time Radio and she often acts at guest speaker at events. Her blog www.roneljooste.com/blog is rated as one of the Top-10 South African investment blogs and the www.financiallyfitlife.co.za/blog as one of the Top-50 financial planning blogs internationally.
Ronel started the Ronel Jooste Dream Foundation aiming to prevent poverty and create jobs by providing financial and entrepreneurship education. Her foundation received the Old Mutual CEO Volunteerism Silver award. She has also been nominated as a Top-100 SA Difference Maker – a dynamic woman making an impact in the community.
Ronel is a multi award winning business woman, an avid property investor ad also the co-owner of PhysEQFiT Guesthouse in Centurion. She has been featured on the cover of Accountancy SA March 2020 magazine and by Woman Entrepreneur magazine as one of the Top-10 inspirational female entrepreneurs for 2019 (the only South African).
Ronel’s accolades and achievements include:
- Featured on the cover of Accountancy SA magazine – March issue (2020);
- Top-50 Financial Planning Blogs Internationally – www.financiallyfitlife.co.za rated by Feedspot (2020);
- Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government Award Winner in the Financial Sector – CEO Global Pan African Awards (2019);
- Woman of the Year Overall Winner – I am a Woman, I have a Purpose Annual Awards (2019);
- Business Woman of the Year Runner-up – Global Women of Purpose Awards (2019);
- Women of Wonder (WOW) Awards Winner – Panache Internationally Acclaimed Gauteng Awards (2019);
- AfriCAN Authors Award Winner – Financial Literacy Category, Financially Fit and Wealthy book (2019);
- Old Mutual CEO Volunteerism Silver Award – Old Mutual Awards (2019);
- Woman in Finance Nominee – Woman of Stature Annual Awards (2019);
- Inspirational Female Entrepreneur Top-10 Finalist – Woman Entrepreneur Magazine International Awards (2019);
- Top-10 South African Investment Blogs – www.roneljooste.com/blog rated by Feedspot (2019);
- Woman of the Future Nominee – Fair Lady and Santam Awards (2019);
- Toastmasters International – Competent Communicator CC10 Accreditation (2019);
- Mrs. Pretoria-Tshwane 2019 1st princess (2018);
- Margaret Hirsch Woman in Business Achiever finalist (2018);
- Toastmasters International – 2nd-place in the National Club Contest for impromptu speeches (2018);
- DMI Top 100 SA Difference Maker (2018);
- National Treasurer of the South African Council for Business Women (SACBW) (2017); and
- Chairperson for SACBW Centurion (2017).
Ronel loves being physically active and is a qualified personal trainer. She has participated in multiple Telkom 947 Cycle Challenges, Cape Town Cycle Tours (Argus) and Tsogo Sun Amashova Durban Classic cycling races as well as the Comrades, Old Mutual Two Oceans and Old Mutual Om die Dam ultra-marathons. She enjoys spending time in the gym and on the golf course.
Ronel in the Media
Ronel has been featured in a number of publications and is the regular contributor of financial articles for various magazines.