Facing the chaos of a world pandemic during 2020, the thought of a December period where we can relax and recharge is certainly something to look forward to. It is time to forget about what happened in 2020 – the good, the bad and the ugly – and get ourselves ready for 2021.
Here is a wellbeing checklist to help you make your holiday season as smooth as possible:
- Unfortunately bad things still happen and death still claims lives during the holiday season. Ensure that your life insurance, funeral cover and will are up to date at all times to avoid leaving chaos behind.
- Crime, house robbery and motor accidents increase significantly during the December holidays. Ensure your household content and motor vehicle insurance plans are up to date.
- Make sure that your house alarm, electric fencing and other security measures are in working condition before you go on holiday. You don’t want to run the risk that the insurance is declining your claim because the pre-set conditions were not met.
- Check that your vehicle is in a good condition and that your vehicle’s licence and your personal driver’s licence are valid.
- If you are traveling aboard over the holiday period, check that you have travel insurance in place and that your needs are covered. Especially this year with all the uncertainty and circumstances that can change unexpectedly and within the blink of an eye.
- Always remember your health is your wealth. Take time out to relax and recover following all that has happened this year.
- December holidays is a time to over-indulge and being out of routine. Enjoy yourself, but take care of your body: make time for some exercising, still eat healthy most of the time, keep portion control in mind, drink plenty of water in the heat and don’t consume too much alcohol.
- Live every second to the fullest! 2020 taught us that tomorrow is not guaranteed and life as we know it can change instantly. Make memories. Spend time with your loved ones. Remain positive. Choose to be happy.
Life can be tough at times but you have the power to choose how you will respond to it. Wishing you a blessed holiday and a prosperous 2021!