It is cold in winter and we see less sun due to the shorter days. Winter is a good time to hibernate and spend more time at home. You can also recharge your batteries to be ready for the last half of the year.
Spending more time indoors can certainly help to save and put money away for the December holidays. Here are a few affordable ideas to have fun during winter:
- Movie night at home with cosy blankets while enjoying hot drinks and popcorn.
- Karaoke evenings are always lots of fun.
- Cook together and try out new delicious recipes.
- Invite the family and friends over for a ‘potjiekos’ competition.
- Play some traditional board games and demonstrate to the kids what entertainment looked like before I-phones and I-pads.
- Go on a trip down memory lane by glancing through your photo albums.
- Mountain biking or a hiking trip in nature are excellent activities during winter time when you feel like being active.
- Build a dream board together as a family. Compile a plan to make those dreams come true.
Enjoy winter and don’t stop having fun.
Written by Ronel Jooste
CA(SA), Financial Consultant and Coach, Blogger and Speaker
Contact Ronel: email@example.com
For more information about my financial wellness programmes visit the website